Anti Inflammatory Summer Salad – Vegan Recipe
Anti Inflammatory Summer Salad
For a great combination of goodies to fill the belly with nourishment and energy – try our Brown Rice & Turmeric Salad. It is packed with iron, fiber, protein, calcium, manganese, anti oxidants, and anti inflammatory properties. I like to make a large bowl and have it in the refrigerator nice and cool ready to eat for a quick and healthy bite! Enjoy bringing it on a picnic, hiking, or to the beach for a great meal to pack on the go.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup chick peas, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 5 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Sea Salt to taste
1) Rinse dried chick peas and cover with water in a large bowl. Allow to soak overnight for approx 12 hours. The next day rinse and cook. Allow to cool and set aside to add to the salad.
2) Rinse and cook brown rice. (I like to use a rice cooker – helps to keep it nice and easy!)
3) Wash kale and strip away the kale leaves from the stem. Chop and place leaves in a small bowl. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and squeeze together with your hands. Allow to sit for approx 10 min.
4) Wish and dice tomatoes and red onion.
5) Add all salad ingredients together and gently toss.
6) Whisk all Tumeric Dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad. Stir until salad is completely coated with the dressing.
7) Refrigerate and serve chilled!