Bok Choy Health Benefits
Bok Choy – Bold & Beautiful
We are big big fans of this green superfood! Bok Choy is light, fresh, clean, and an amazing veggie to add to your daily. For many, it can fly under the radar and hopefully you will add it to your grocery list after checking out all of it’s nutritional goodness below.
- Loaded with calcium, which boosts bone health
- Great source of potassium, which helps to regulate heart rate and blood pressure
- Loaded with vitamins A, C, K, B6 and folate
- Bok Choy it up and be nourished with many anti oxidants, which aid in cancer prevention and keeps cholesterol in check
- Filled with beta carotene, to boost eye health and reduce the risk of macular degeneration
- Green superfood pumped with phytonutrients
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Super green that is one of the recommended zero calorie veggies, eat it up and enjoy not adding any weight to the body
- 1 cup of cooked bok choy a day gives the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A, and close to 75% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C
There are so many ways to enjoy bok choy in your daily. We love bok choy raw, and like using the the ‘scoop’ end of the stalk as a spoon to scoop up our favorite quinoa or rice dishes. It can also be enjoyed juiced, raw & chopped in salads, steamed with ginger, or in many flavorful asian inspired dishes.
Try Bok Choy in a juice to up your vitamins and minerals today!
Super Green & Pineapple Juice
*we like to use organic veggies and fruit when possible
1 bunch bok choy
4 stalks celery
1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
fresh mint leaves to taste
1 tsp chia seeds