Cold weather and air condition

NadaA

Hello everyone hope you are doing great.. Does anyone have a problem with cold weather or air condition? Because my mom gets severe pain if the weather is cold or if the air condition is on.. Is this from RA..? Wish you health , happiness and all the best

Clint

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone hope you are doing great.. Does anyone have a problem with cold weather or air condition? Because my mom gets severe pain if the weather is cold or if the air condition is on.. Is this from RA..? Wish you health , happiness and all the best
I don't know of this and haven't heard of this - when you say she gets pain, is it directly in the joints just from cold temperature?

NadaA

I don't know of this and haven't heard of this - when you say she gets pain, is it directly in the joints just from cold temperature?
Yes directly in all the joints it becomes really bad with air condition and cold weather, the pain is like pulses, even if she is wearing a heavy jacket.

Clint

Administrator
Staff member
Yes directly in all the joints it becomes really bad with air condition and cold weather, the pain is like pulses, even if she is wearing a heavy jacket.
I never experienced this myself and I have not had others report this. What do the doctors tell her it is?

Giannini

Much-Loved Member
Unfortunately I have recently been sensitive to slight cold temperatures myself. I need to speak with my Doc about it. However, I assume it's because of poor circulation.

Thus, breaking a sweat during moderate to high intensity excercise is key. Bikram, stationary bike, or elipticle are ideal.

I dont know if the following is correct correct but It made sense to me.

Also, anxiety can put the body in an artificial the "fight or flight" THREAT response and may cause constriction in blood vessels. The body prefers to direct most blood flow to vital organs.

Managing/responding to stress better is important as well.

Fortunately excercise will help with both bloodflow & over all sense of wellbeing

Clint

Administrator
Staff member
It's normal on a low fat diet to feel the cold a little more (needing a jacket, sort of thing) but I have not seen the cold directly causing more RA pain. Not sure if that's what you are also mentioning Giannini?

NadaA

The doctor told her if you feel like this, just stay away from cold. She is doing this and she always wears heavy jackets with gloves but still feels the same! We don't know what to do, I think that we may need to consult another doctor!. Thank you so much we really appreciate everything, will keep fighting RA, wish you all the best.

Clint

Administrator
Staff member
The doctor told her if you feel like this, just stay away from cold. She is doing this and she always wears heavy jackets with gloves but still feels the same! We don't know what to do, I think that we may need to consult another doctor!. Thank you so much we really appreciate everything, will keep fighting RA, wish you all the best.
Please see another Dr and let me know if they have any ideas

NadaA

Unfortunately I have recently been sensitive to slight cold temperatures myself. I need to speak with my Doc about it. However, I assume it's because of poor circulation.

Thus, breaking a sweat during moderate to high intensity excercise is key. Bikram, stationary bike, or elipticle are ideal.

I dont know if the following is correct correct but It made sense to me.

Also, anxiety can put the body in an artificial the "fight or flight" THREAT response and may cause constriction in blood vessels. The body prefers to direct most blood flow to vital organs.

Managing/responding to stress better is important as well.

Fortunately excercise will help with both bloodflow & over all sense of wellbeing
don't stop fighting RA, really wish you all the best, Thank you very much

HyunD

Yes. I'm living in Florida Jacksonville but lately weather is cold and weird. and at work always cold. I do over dressed for that. Definitely my RA do not well in cold weather.