Is hair loss normal on PP?

HeenaB

I’m 90 days into the program and suddenly have started to experience hair loss over the last couple of weeks...is hair loss normal with PP or with RA generally? Could this be due some deficiencies??

Cécile

Much-Loved Member
Hi Heena,

I lost so much hair I had to chop my long hair and I'm now wearing it short.

I didn't attribute it to the PP, my dietatician confirmed that following the diet would never do this, so it was either stress or MTX.

Really don't see how this would be linked to your diet if you are following the PP qs it is designed.

HeenaB

Thank you Cecile... I’m not on any drugs for my RA so it’s probably stress related...we have had some upheavals on the home-front so it’s probably that...

Cécile

Much-Loved Member
Thank you Cecile... I’m not on any drugs for my RA so it’s probably stress related...we have had some upheavals on the home-front so it’s probably that...
It's crazy what stress can do to our body... I hope you can relax.

TylerW

Much-Loved Member
It's normal when healing from disease. The body can't afford to spend energy on non-vital organs such as hair. It's more focused on healing your liver and other internal vital organs. Once you make it through healing and the body is in homeostasis again, non-essential organs such as hair, eyes, nails, etc will grow back stronger and healthier than ever.